- The culmination of a human and a high-spec personal computer; Solar powered and biodegradable, but for best results add coffee and chocolate.
- Occasionally makes funny whimpering noises.
- The human operator exerts a fair amount of cynical wit, facetiousness, and often radical bluntness in his conversational pieces.
- Intermittently runs around Reading when everyone else is asleep, and clambers up walls when they're awake.
- Prone to jigging along to good music. Daydreams in code and graphs. Rebellious but squishy on the inside.
- Occasionally effervescent but mostly quiet.
- To ensure lasting use, expose to long hugs by lovely people.
- Sometimes mint condition. Free P&P
- Warranty not included. May cause some leakage.
- Over-uses the :p emoticon.
- INTJ-A / RCOAI / CALM
- Want to read more, I keep words at blog.bozzie.org
Working with me? Have a look at my userguide
- Experienced in leading engineers, maintaining effective software teams
- Technical experience in IoT, Info-Sec, SaaS, AI / ML, e-Commerce, Big Data
- Industry exposure to clean energy, med-tech, automotive and industrial sectors
- Architected and built scalable, maintainable and secure applications at scale
- Excellent technical problem-solving and clear communication skills
- Participated and consulted in due diligence and M&A processes
- Built, grown and sustained productive engineering teams
- Consulting experience in high-risk info-sec, infrastructure, technical architecture
- Event organiser, speaker, moderator and technical workshop leader
- Driven by endless improvement and positive impact on people's lives
Working with me? Have a look at my userguide
Deciphered is a bespoke software and development company offering clear and flexible solutions to your complicated technology problems.
As one of the founding directors, I lead a technical team in delivering:
- Technology Consulting
- Bespoke Software
- Website Creation
- High Risk Info-Sec
- Web Applications
Learn more at https://www.deciphered.io
Dare is an energy tech company using the power of data science, analytics, and trading expertise to help the world reach a renewable future, faster.
We aggregate, manage, and optimise the market access for renewable power generators that lack the expertise to trade independently.
At Dare, I lead the software engineering functions. The work of these engineering teams enables customers to extract full value from their renewable power via optimised production management and balancing, hedging and market monitoring.
Learn more at https://www.dare.global
Talks and Workshops
- The fifth domain: an introduction to cyber-warfare
- Speed up your developers
- Pillars of IoT Security
- How to pass my interviews
- AI and Deep Learning
- Inside the arrow: the hidden infrastructure of IoT
- OPSEC basics
- Industrial Cyber Defence workshop
- Agile workshops
- Lego Serious Play workshops
Odds and Ends
A collection of other stuff on this domain
Blog - Thoughts, words, micro-essays and photos. blog.bozzie.org
Notes - collected notes resources and my commonplace book. notes.bozzie.org
∞ - an experiment in minimal page content: ∞
Markov chain based Mittani quote bot: /quotegen
Mood sharing chart: /mood
Node toolbox: /nodes
Doctrine mapping tool: /doctrine
Toybox, a collection of computational playthings: /toybox
I sometimes get messages asking about the specifics of some piece of software or hardware I use. This page is a collection of notes and links to my usual tooling, software, hardware and clothing.
Visual Studio Code Able to handle remote coding, docker, terminal (bash, powershell, cmd) as well as nice markdown editing! I use the Solarized dark theme and Hack font with extra glyphs patched in using NerdFonts
VS Code Plugins
Notion This is my go-to information hub: notebooks, databases, tracking, sharing, writing. Handling pretty much any content I can throw at it Chrome Remote Desktop works across Chromebook and Windows machines Discord free community based messaging Keep virtual, shareable sticky notes, with geolocation and time sensitive reminders Spotify for music, playlists, podcasts Feedly allows pulling in multiple RSS feeds into one interface MyFitnessPal aggregator for fitness, diet and weight tracking Jira project management Hemingway App for sanity checking writing style Diagrams.net sharable diagram and wireframe tool
Stardock Fences desktop management tool GIMP FOSS Graphic/image manipulation tool Chrome being well embedded in the Google ecosystem, my browser of choice Microsoft Powertoys addons for windows inclusing window management, colour pickers and a unified search/launcher
Reddit Enhancement Suite A bunch of tweaks to make reddit a better site Simplify Gmail Makes gmail look like Inbox(RIP) uBlock Origin clear up ads and tracking Dashlane password management Notion Web Clipper clips content to my reading list in notion
Main PC: CPU: Intel Core i9 10850K GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance Storage: 1TB WD Blue SN550 M.2 PCIe SSD Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B560-F Cooling: Corsair H150i AIO Cooler (3x120mm Fans) Case: Carbide Series 175R (1x120mm Fan) Microsoft Surface Pro 8 - my main work laptop Pixelbook i7 my main personal & portable laptop. For data work: Google Collab Pro notebooks backed by p2.xlarge and p2.8xlarge EC2 instances Quad HD 34" Samsung Monitor Logitech MX Keys Backlit, easy typing keyboard that can migrate between devices. Logitech G700s Mouse SteelSeries Arctis 7 daily driver headset, very strong wireless and battery life. Elgato Streamdeck hot keys for my pc, lighting, camera control and timers. Xbox Elite Series 2 comfortable controller for chilled out game time. Philips Hue Play light bars bias and ambient lighting behind the monitor. More information on my desk layout: blog post.
My go-to clothing items - I'm working to build a list of trusted items that are hardy enough to last. Jeans: Levi's Men's 502 Regular Tapered Fit: 32W/32L T-Shirt: Origin Luxe Slim Fit Bamboo, Black Boots: Salamon Speed Assault Trainers: Allbirds Wool Runner Mizzles Shirt: TM Lewin Non-Iron Sky Blue Twill Fitted Shirt
Probable Next Purchases
Personal: [email protected]
Deciphered: [email protected]
Dare: [email protected]
Currently living in Reading, UK