- The culmination of a human and a high-spec personal computer; Solar powered and biodegradable, but for best results add coffee and chocolate.
- Occasionally makes funny whimpering noises.
- The human operator exerts a fair amount of cynical wit, facetiousness, and often radical bluntness in his conversational pieces.
- Intermittently runs around Reading when everyone else is asleep, and clambers up walls when they're awake.
- Prone to jigging along to good music. Daydreams in code and graphs. Rebellious but squishy on the inside.
- Occasionally effervescent but mostly quiet.
- To ensure lasting use, expose to long hugs and pets by lovely people.
- Sometimes mint condition. Free P&P
- Warranty not included. May cause some leakage.
- Over-uses the :p emoticon.
- INTJ-A / RCOAI / CALM
My commonplace book - collected notes, quotes and snippets is at notes.bozzie.org
- Experienced in designing and developing scalable, maintainable and secure web applications
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Experienced in leading other developers and maintaining an effective development team
- Developing and improving team coding standards and best practices
- Representing the company at events, presentations, and board level
- Designing, structuring and building large and complex applications to keep them manageable and extensible
- Interviewing developers of all levels and building productive development teams
- Good business awareness - producing new ideas and driving digital products to their full potential
- Technical specialisms in web applications, information security, bespoke software, Microsoft stack.
- Organising, speaking and moderating events and workshops.
Deciphered is a bespoke software and development company offering clear and flexible solutions to your complicated technology problems.
As one of the founding directors, I lead a technical team in delivering:
- Technology Consulting
- Bespoke Software
- Website Creation
- High Risk Info-Sec
- Web Applications
Learn more at https://www.deciphered.io
Seamless end-to-end Security for every IoT Ecosystem.
Device Authority is simplifying the security challenges that organisations face when protecting access to services and data for the Internet of Things.
Our patented dynamic key generation technology provides a strong, device-based trust anchor for automated, scalable IoT identity and secure data delivery.
We solve mission-critical IoT security problems, including provisioning and authorisation, device basedaccess control, software and firmware updates, credential management and data delivery over their party networks and services.
As Engineering Manager: leading the engineering team in an agile process, ensuring the team ship high-quality software efficiently and on a predictable schedule. Representing the engineering organisation to the leadership team, and aligning engineering’s goals with the rest of the company’s goals. Engineer-whisperer.
Learn more at https://www.deviceauthority.com
Talks and Workshops
- The fifth domain: an introduction to cyber-warfare
- Speed up your developers
- Pillars of IoT Security
- How to pass an interview with me
- AI and Deep Learning
- Inside the arrow: the hidden infrastructure of IoT
- OPSEC basics
- Industrial Cyber Defence workshop
- Agile workshops
- Lego Serious Play workshops
Odds and Ends
Nothing big, just a collection of other stuff on this domain
Notes - collected notes resources and my commonplace book. notes.bozzie.org
∞ - an experiment in minimal page content: ∞
Markov chain based Mittani quote bot: /quotegen
Mood sharing chart: /mood
Node toolbox: /nodes
Toybox, a collection of computational playthings: /toybox
I regularly get messages asking about the specifics of some piece of software or hardware I use. When they do, I send them this page - a collection of notes and links to my usual tooling, software, hardware and clothing.
Visual Studio Code Able to handle remote coding, docker, terminal (bash, powershell, cmd) as well as nice markdown editing! I use the Solarized dark theme and Hack font with extra glyphs patched in using NerdFonts
VS Code Plugins
Notion This is my go-to information hub: notebooks, databases, tracking, sharing, writing. Handling pretty much any content I can throw at it x.ai An awesome scheduling and meeting planning app using natural language interface. I use this to help buffer and minimise email ping-pong for arranging time face-to-face and for phone calls Chrome Remote Desktop works across Chromebook and Windows machines MS Teams main professional messaging tool Discord free community based messaging Keep virtual, shareable sticky notes, with geolocation and time sensitive reminders Google Play Music Feedly allows pulling in multiple RSS feeds into one interface MyFitnessPal aggregator for fitness, diet and weight tracking Jira project management Site24x7 cost-effective site and application monitoring Hemingway App
Balsamiq - rapid wireframe prototyping Flux fade out blue light to help circadian rhythm Stardock Fences desktop icon management tool GIMP FOSS Graphic/image manipulation tool Chrome being well embedded in the Google ecosystem, my browser of choice Outlook / Office etc!
Reddit Enhancement Suite A bunch of tweaks to make reddit a better site Simplify Gmail Makes gmail look like Inbox(RIP) uBlock Origin clear up ads and tracking LastPass password management Notion Web Clipper clips content to my reading list in notion
Main PC: GPU: Quadro RTX 6000 VRAM: 24 GB CPU: Intel Xeon W-3235 Processor CPU Clock Speed: 4 GHz - 6 cores RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2 x 1TB SSD Dell Latitude 7570 (16 gig ram) - my main work laptop Pixelbook i7 my main personal portable machine. Quad HD 34" Samsung Monitor Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard comfortable, ergonomic keyboard thats not too loud to type on. Logitech G700s SteelSeries Arctis 7 daily driver headset, very strong wireless and battery life. Philips Hue Play light bars bias and ambient lighting behind the monitor More information on my desk layout: blog post.
My go-to clothing items - I'm working to build a list of trusted items that are hardy enough to last. Jeans: Levi's Men's 502 Regular Tapered Fit: 34W/32L T-Shirt: Under Armour Men's Sportstyle, Black Boots: Timberland Earthkeepers Rugged 6" Waterproof Boots Trainers: Salomon Speedcross 4 Trainers: Allbirds Wool Runner Mizzles Shirt: TM Lewin Non-Iron Sky Blue Twill Fitted Shirt
Probable Next Purchases
Personal: [email protected]
Deciphered: [email protected]
Device Authority: [email protected]
Currently living in Reading, UK